Driving Under the Influence Services

In 2004, more restrictive Driving Under the Influence (DUI) legislation became effective that requires all DUI offenders to receive a clinical assessment to determine necessity of treatment and a court reporting network assessment (CRN). The Office of the DUI Coordinator (ODC) is currently located at the Criminal Justice Center. After the pre-sentence hearing, all state-required services (the CRN evaluation, assessment for drug and alcohol treatment services and Alcohol Highway Safety School classes) are assigned to one of eight approved DUI Service Providers throughout the city according to geographic location and/or language considerations. The Office of the DUI Coordinator processes only conviction status cases of Philadelphia residents with DUI offenses arrested in Philadelphia. Once the participant has met all criteria, the Clerk of Courts issues a court order compliance form to PennDOT to process the restoration of driving privilege request.






 How do I restore my license after a DUI ?

If you have not received your DL RESTORATION REQUIREMENTS LETTER by mail go to PENNDOT and request one (it is free) or you can visit http://www.dmv.pa.gov/ONLINE-SERVICES/Pages/Restorations.aspx and print the letter.

If the Restoration letter indicates that you should have completed COURT ORDERED TREATMENT PROGRAM (ACT 122), you must provide a Certificate or Letter from the program stating that you have completed treatment. Both documents must be provided to the DUI Coordinator, the office is located at the Criminal Justice Center (1301 Filbert St. Philadelphia, PA 19107. Room B-H). Phone: 215-683-7970/7971. If you reside outside of Philadelphia county or out of State you can mail copies of these documents (do not mail any original document). Please include a phone number where you can be contacted in case any pages or documents are missing.

How to obtain a WORK LICENSE (Occupational Limited License)? 

You will need to go to PENNDOT and request the DL-15 FORM, Occupational Limited License (OLL) petition. It is also available on-line at  www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BDL/.../DL-15-15A.pdf. There is a $65.00 petition fee which is non-refundable. An Occupational Limited License (OLL) is only available for first DUI offenders.

Does an Alcohol Highway Safety School certificate help restore my license?

No, it does not. An Alcohol Highway Safety School is only a requirement for the Probation Department and a copy of the certificate should be provided to you Probation Officer.

Can I complete the Alcohol Highway Safety School on-line?

On-line courses are not accepted in the State of Pennsylvania. AHSS certificates would only be accepted if you have a physical disability that impedes you from attending a program.